Friday 23 June 2006

Mundane stuff

Finally sent off my LO to Creating Keepsakes... won't be seeing it for the next 6 months I reckon!

Today was hubby's appraisal at work! Well, he got a nice pay rise but his boss refused to give him 4 weeks off for his holidays... told him to take 2 weeks at the beginning and 2 weeks at the end (I'm there for 8 weeks!) Is he NUTS! Has he no idea what time of the year we are going!!! How the flippin heck is hubby gonna get ticket at this short notice, never mind that he will end up paying at least £800-1K for the tix but whether he can get a seat is another thing!!! Bloody ridiculous! I booked our tickets in April and already seats were filling up fast. In fact I got the last few seats! (makes you think how many are literally getting out of UK!) I told hubby he needs to persuade his boss to let him go whatever it may take! Whatever it is, doesn't bother me 'cos when the time comes, I'll go off with the kids... not letting this set me back! My friends are already expecting, food's already waiting and nothing... and I mean nothing is gonna hold me back from going! Besides the boys are excited at the thougth of sitting in a plane, not that they haven't sat on one (in fact ever since they were born!) Oh well, let's see what happens....

Been industrious and completed 2 LOs today. One's for a Goals' challenge on Scrapitude:

As usual had to follow the guidelines for completing this LO which included using 3 photos, vellum, the colour orange, buttons, rubons and journalling. The theme has to do with the goals that I set at the beginning of the year. This time I chose my goal of going to church. Somehow that never materialised but that doesn't mean I don't believe in God. Still do but just don't show it outwardly that's all! Used the latest Back Porch Memories June kit. Papers are from We R Memory Keepers Diner collection!

The second LO was my last DT LO for Homegrown! Completed 3 LOs and 1 altered project and still have tons of papers leftover!!!

Oh well, got stuff to make for my sons' teachers so they will come in handy! I've now 2 more LOs to do for my article and then I can play with my stash! Can't wait for Sunday crop ... 6 hrs of non-stop scrapping, childfree too! Woooo Hooo! TTFN!

No comments: