Friday 5 March 2010

~ Unity's Friends With Flair ~

It's Friday and the end of the first week of March. This is gonna be a very busy month for me ... loads of concerts coming up for the boys as well as preparing for a car boot sale in my son's school. Gearing myself for the onslaught of 'busy-ness'. Hence, any escape to my craft room is a welcome relief and I did manage to pull myself away and create some stuff last weekend. 

First up is a LO created using a Scarlet Lime kit (July 09). I luv scrapbooking kits as it saves me the hassle of buying stash online as I don't have a LSS near me at all. I don't have the time to trawl through the latest arrival of items and I rely on kits to provide them! Here's my LO:

Patterned papers by GCD Studios Ava collection. I used a mixture of Unity's scrapbooking sets. The butterflies were cut out from the patterned paper and were thoroughly glitzed and blinged! As the base of the patterned paper was quite busy, I kept the overall design simple and decorated the background with stamps instead. (Picture of my boy, taken in Singapore last summer, who was determined to get thru' the monkey bar, no matter how long it took him).

My next offering is a card with I did for 365 Cards.

Patterned paper by Basic Grey Sugar Rush. Stamped images from January's store kit, coloured using Promarkers. 

I'm so glad it's Friday, hoping to be able to grab some chill-out time for myself tonite. Haven't had the chance to craft this week and I'm itching to create something! Thanx for dropping by and have a great weekend. TTFN!

23 comments:

lisa said...

I love that LO Audrey. The blast of colour is FAB.
Have a great weekend xx

Emma said...

cool lo Audrey, great use of the kit, love it!

Julie said...

I'm just loving the layout and the card!!! Great job.

Kelly Mahany said...

Audrey your layout is just wonderful!! I really love the bright colors and of course your selection of stamps! Your card is cute too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love the LO--really cute card--I need to get that set! TFS:)

Karen said...

Fabulous layout and your card is gorgeous. Love the mix of Unity stamps you've used!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Everything is just so beautiful!!!!

Rona said...

love the text on that butterfly!! beautiful layout and card!!

Purple Princess said...

Great card and layout!!

Bonita Rose said...

these are both so cute... love them.. love that umbrella image... ur card is fabulous!

Kerry said...

Very cute layout and card! I love the bright spring colors on your layout...perfect for playground pics! :)

farmhouse-story said...

cute layout and card, audrey! love the stamping on the striped paper!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

I really need that in-store kit!! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Love the lo and card! Fabulous!!!

lisa a.

CarlaKH said...

Love your blog and these two creations! I love how you lused the umbrella image!

Linda said...

Audrey,
I love this it remind me rain drop falling on my head.... This is cute card. And I love spring time too.

Anonymous said...

Fun mix of stamping and papers!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

WOW! Both your layout and card are amazing! Fab work!

Sarah said...

The two kiddos behind the umbrella are just darling! I love the color scheme you used!

Laurel said...

Wow, what gorgeous creations!

Amanda Profumo said...

Audrey, I love your card and your layout. You have such a great sense of creative style! Love it!

Unknown said...

That card is totally gorgeous X

AJ said...

fabulous Layout! love it, hope more people start scrapping for FWF-
:)