Tuesday 31 March 2009

>>> Card Patterns Sketch #8 <<<

Found another card blog to play with. Here's a sketch they came up with:

Here's my take on it. I turned the card the other way round so as to fit my design:

Used scraps from SEI Lovebirds and Hero Arts Four Dolls stamp set. The Chinese characters is from a stamp set I bought second-hand and comes from Book of the Month Club. It's written in long form but doesn't bother me... adds to the vintage charm. The embossed patterns are painted with Shimmerz Blingz. Image of Japanese gal coloured with Promarkers.

TTFN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable and your coloring is fabulous!! The various layers and textures are a nice touch. Great job using the sketch and thanks for joining us this week. Have a lovely day!

whoistracy said...

Audrey this is stunning! Love all the layers and the colors. What a wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along.

Linda Beeson said...

What a totally adorable card! I soooo love those dolls by Hero Arts and love what you did with that pattern too.