Wednesday 23 July 2008

>>> New Stuff! <<<

Made an appointment with my hair stylist and got the whole chunk cut off.

Man, he did a brillant job with it. I had it coloured to get rid of my whites and then highlighted some strands. Gosh, my head now feel so light and it's good not to have to tie up my hair all the time now. My hair stylist did ask if I was sad about cutting so much off but I told him, it's just hair and it can grow again! Been wanting to get it cut for so long but don't trust British hairdressers to do my hair as most of the time, they merely mess it up. My hair is quite thick and it need thinning and that's the part where most fail to achieve. All I can say is I never ever want to keep long hair again!

The next new item I got was a DSLR. I ended up with the D40 instead as they were having an offer that included 2 lens 18-55mm and 55-200mm plus a load of freebies as well. The D60 was also on offer but I wasn't keen as I had read reviews of it and it didn't praise that particular model highly. My other alternative was the Canon 450D but somehow I deviated towards Nikon and therefore settled for the D40. I think the most important feature was that it was light. It felt quite weightless in my hands and that is important as the glass (lens) can be heavy so pointless having a body that is heavy. It would be so cumbersome to carry around.
Anyway, googling around for photography classes, I came across John Arifin site and booked it. I wanted to learn about my camera and know it intimately. If I'm switching to a DSLR, I don't want to merely shoot it in an auto mode all the time. Hence, I wanted to learn more about the buttons on the camera. Looking forward to the class in the beginning of August! I've also booked myself on a Photoshop course as well with Ace Training. Saw their advert at John's site and thought it was about time I learn how to use Photoshop efficiently. Looking forward to those courses come August! TTFN!

No comments: