Sunday 18 April 2010

~ Sketchy Thursdays: May GDT sketch & Create 10 Day 4 ~

Woke up to a sunny Sunday and decided to spent the day crafting instead... sorry, as much as I luv to see the sun in this country, I'm no sun worshipper and you won't catch me sunbathing at all!!! Let's just say the fear of getting wrinkles and sun-damage skin weigh heavily on my mind! Besides, I devoted the last two weeks to my boys and it was time to claim a bit of 'me' time to myself. So hubs brought them out and entertained them. 

I started with Day 4 of the Create 10 project. There was a template to use and to create a fabric flower. I teamed it with a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays to produce this LO:

Here's the sketch:

And my LO:

Made use of Studio Calico April kit. For Create 10 Day 4 class, made use of the shirt template to create a bunting. In place of fabric materials, I substituted for lace to create my flowers (I'm a lace hoarder and got loads of them as opposed to fabric). For Sketchy Thursdays challenge, the theme was celebration and to use the colour green. Well, this LO is about celebrating Spring... when it came, we lost no time in heading to the beach!

A closeup of my lacey flower

I'm having a whale of a time doing the Create 10 classes. TTFN!

5 comments:

Fabi Ormerod said...

Amazing layout...I loved all the little shirts hanging, pretty cool...congrats ;)

Claire said...

Really fab LO, I love the bunting so much!

Meghann Andrew said...

Just checking out the entries for the ST Guest DT entry. That is one beautiful LO!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is AMAZING!!!!! I love love love the little hanging shirts and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the flower!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

heidi said...

absolutely jaw-dropping!