Thursday 30 September 2010

September's Banana Blog Hop!

Welcome if you have come from talented Michelle!

I recently received the 3 new Christmas stamp sets and set out to have a play! I love Xmas cards and I've been making them since the beginning of the year, just so I'm not stressed at the end when I've to give out that many! Anyway, today's post is to show you how you can 'dress up' your stamp images. 

I love the tree image from Winter Wonderland. There is so much possibilities with that particular image. It can look pretty plain when stamped on a sheet but with some glitter, you can give the tree a different dimension:

Here, I played with sticklers and glitter pen to transform the tree into an embellishment.

On the same stamp set is a rather cute snowman. Here's what I did to him: 

He was coloured with Copic markers and I added buttons on him. I created a topper out of him which I will later put on a card or even a tag!

Finally, I played with a tree in Christmas Elegance set: 

Another topper but this time I dressed the tree up. I added buttons to represent them as baubles and added a bit of glitter around. Then I grounded it by adding grass around its base. 

When I'm short of time, I usually create something fast and simple like these. They are then later used either in cards or projects that I may be involved in. Here's a example of how I used the embellished tree: 

I used it on a tag. 

With Christmas only 91 days away, these little toppers/embellishment will come in very handy later for Xmas projects! These Christmas stamp sets are fabulous. I've not played enough with them yet. And if you fancy a chance of winning any of them (or others), drop me a comment. It might just be your lucky day! 

Your next blog hop is Annlouise. Have a very' hopping' time! TTFN!


12 comments:

Chloe said...

What a lovely set of Christmas stamps!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

lisa said...

Hey Audrey, I hope you are keeping well. Lovely projects. I love that tree. xx

{VICKI} said...

the snowman is my fave

Di said...

Oh, they're just gorgeous - thank you so much for sharing!

rach said...

Love that chrsitmas tree, it looks really great, thanks for sharing

Lou said...

Wow!! I love the way you have used the stamps, the christmas tree is fabulous :)

** Paula ** said...

Your stamping projects are fab, i partically love the idea of the tag.

Jennifer Grace said...

I adore those buttons masquerading as baubles on the tree! They are perfect, it's soo cute! xx

Anonymous said...

I love anything with buttons on it! The tag is wonderful too, great tassle!

This is first blog hop, I think I like it! Although I also seem to be doing it backwards...

Kathy said...

I love how you've used the buttons.

Unknown said...

WOW.. Christman is 90 more days.. Your tips are great.. thanks for sharing.
Cheers

Just_a_bean said...

Lovely tag using the christmas tree embellie.